SustainabilityAt RedPeak, we like to say that "we own it." That applies to everything from our buildings to your satisfaction living in them… from our personal and business relationships to our environmental footprint. By embracing that sense of ownership, we've built a reputation as a company that people can trust.
To strike a healthy balance between people, planet, and profit, and to have a positive impact on our residents, our Team Members, and the communities where we live.
Residents and Business Partners
By going the extra mile to provide well-maintained apartments and create a sense of unity and belonging in our communities, we give back to the people who choose to make their home with us. Our conservative investment strategy and prudent risk management helps ensure RedPeak’s continued success, and by extension, the well-being of the companies we work with. What’s more, our investment dollars come from a state pension fund, so all of RedPeak’s profits benefit public employees, including teachers, police officers, and other public servants.
With our staff of more than 100 Team Members (and their families), our vision is demonstrated through a positive and stable work environment, where our turnover rate is significantly lower than the industry average. It’s also shown through the availability of many training and career development opportunities, as well as through profit sharing by way of our “Team for Tomorrow” program.
We Support Charitable Organizations
While we operate in Colorado, we support the work of charitable organizations both here and around the world through our Sustainability Mission. Some of the groups we sponsor include:
- Cancer League of Colorado (Over the Edge)
- Project Education Sudan (Climb for Sudan)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Project Angel Tree
- Family Homestead
- Denver Rescue Mission
- The Arrupe Jesuit High School Intern Program
- Griffith Centers for Children
Team Members raised over $1,000 for the Cancer League of Colorado for the opportunity to descend down the side of 1600 Glenarm.
Our Connection to the Environment
Our connection to the environment is grounded in the understanding that true “sustainability” isn’t just about being “green,” it’s about finding the right balance of social, environmental and economic priorities that are essential to the long-term success of any company and those who rely on it. To that end, we have a dedicated Sustainability Committee comprised of RedPeak Team Members who evaluate and advance initiatives at our apartment communities and our home offices, such as:
- A focus on both in-fill development and robust redevelopment programs to reduce land use and increase the value of our existing communities
- Developed the first Built Green ® apartments in Cherry Creek designed to increase energy efficiency by 15%
- Offering complete recycling programs at all of our apartment communities
- Using “green” cleaning products and CFL bulbs, and mineral filtration systems to clean our swimming pools and hot tubs instead of chlorine
- Conducting energy audits and implementing tactics that improve water conservation and decrease energy consumption
- Providing a 75% expense reimbursement to our Team Members to encourage the use of public transportation
- Utilizing online reservations, service requests and rent payment reduce paper consumption
- Sub-metering our utilities to allow our residents to control and reduce their energy consumption
- Developing or acquiring communities that have high walkability scores and are close to public transportation options
- Through our partnership with Bungo Box, even the move in/out process is more environmentally friendly. Bungo Box rents industrial strength plastic moving boxes that beat cardboard boxes on both cost and re-usability. Over the course of its lifecycle, a Bungo Box saves a significant amount of resources (water, trees, electricity, gasoline) over a cardboard box. And it is 100% recyclable. Ask a RedPeak Team Member for more information.
RedPeak communities strive to meet the highest standards for environmentally friendly building, operation, and management practices. We’re proud to say that our hard work and dedication to sustainability has resulted in a Green Globe certification for 515 Clarkson and 1044 Downing. Our standards were recognized in multiple categories: project management, ecological impact, energy efficiency, water consumption and treatment, architecture, emissions, and indoor environment comfort.
ECD Energy and Environmental Canada developed the Green Globes rating system in 2000. Adapted in the United States as part of the Green Build Initiative, it is now widely recognized as a trusted resource for providing measurable standards similar in quality to LEED certification.