10 Places To Visit During Your Denver Staycation
Relax and recharge without the hassle and expense that comes with traveling to another city— take a staycation!
There’s plenty to do in the Mile High City, no matter your age or interests. Just have a look at these 10 places to visit during your Denver staycation:
- Breckenridge Brewery Free tours of this brewery —which is among the 50 largest craft breweries in the country— are offered Thursday through Monday. And they come with a complimentary brew. Beer is big in Denver, so visiting a brewery is a no-brainer. For more about local brewery tours, click HERE.
- Downtown Aquarium This public aquarium has more than a million gallons of underwater exhibits and houses over 500 animal species! It also has a full-service restaurant and a 4D theater.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park Open May through October, Elitch Gardens has been entertaining Denverites for more than 120 years! In addition to the water park, it also has 54 rides and attractions, live shows, and concerts. Note: RedPeak residents get discounted daily tickets ($27.99) under the RedPeak Perks program.
- Tattered Cover Book Store This Denver institution sells new and used books, as well as pre-discounted bargain editions. It’s also known for its live events, hosting more than 400 authors, illustrators and public figures each year.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre This park is 6,450 feet above sea level and in a transitional zone where the Great Plains meet the Rocky Mountains, giving visitors to the chance to see animals, birds and plants from both regions— perfect for nature lovers.
- Idaho Springs Outpost Located just 30 minutes from Denver, this 4,000-square-foot outpost offers white water rafting (beginner, intermediate, and advance trips), as well as zip line tours and train rides.
- The 1-Up Arcade Bar Fans of classic arcade games, like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, have got to check out this barcade, which also has 19 pinball machines. Kids under 15 and accompanied by a parent are allowed until 7 p.m. daily.
- The Brown Palace Every U.S. president since Teddy Roosevelt (except Calvin Coolidge) has visited this hotel. If you’re feeling fancy, enjoy its traditional afternoon tea, complete with scones, tea pastries, tea sandwiches, and Devonshire cream shipped directly from England.
- The Denver Mint During a free guided tour, you’ll learn the history of the United States Mint and how it produces coins. Afterward, visit the gift shop to buy unique memorabilia.
- The Spa at the Four Seasons Hotel Denver Pamper yourself with a variety of spa services, including massages, facial and body treatments, manicures and pedicures. Note: RedPeak residents get 15% off all regularly priced services Monday through Friday under the RedPeak Perks program.
For more staycation ideas, check out our Explore Denver board on Pinterest!